Thursday, February 5, 2009

Happy to be in Costa Rica

Right now, Tony and Heather are at the Lion King and I am sad. I really love that play and wanted to go with Heather . . . the costumes, sets, and music. I can't wait to hear how they liked it. I would have been there, but I am in Costa Rica attending meetings. I flew down on Sunday, February 1. I miss Tony and Heather, but I am happy to be back in Costa Rica. It has been over a year since my last visit.

This week I am scheduled to be in meetings all day. I'm learning a lot about the new changes to our organization. There is such an awesome view from the conference room. I can look out over the valley and watch the clouds more quickly over the mountains. It is mesmerizing. But I don't really have much time for cloud watching since I have been taking lots of notes. Hopefully they will help me try to remember all the new changes so I can effectively communicate to the rest of the company. I will be in Costa Rica next week too, but won't have the intensive meeting schedule. I come home next Friday.

I finished a good book this week called, "People of the Book" by Geraldine Brooks. I couldn't put it down. Its about a woman who works to conserve an ancient Jewish book. When conserving the book she finds tiny objects in the book. Each object is a clue to the book's past. I definitely recommend it.

I've been able to talk to Tony and Heather everyday using Skype. Heather has a web camera on her computer, and I have a web cam on my computer, so we have been able to see each other most days. Technology is amazing. What a blessing to be able to communicate with my family being so far away.

Reflecting on my blessings . . . I am blessed to have a great job in these hard economic times. I am so blessed to work with an amazing group of people. I am blessed with opportunities to travel to foreign countries and experience different cultures. I am blessed with a supportive family. I am blessed with a sister-in-law who watches over Heather when I'm not home. I am blessed with a great husband who is also a great dad. I'm blessed that I never have to worry about what is happening at home when I travel because Tony can take care of everything. I am so blessed to be sleeping on a king-size bed (I have to get one of those). God is very generous with his blessings to me and my family and I am so grateful.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the warmth and beauty of Coast Rica.... Things are going well for me, I'm just tired and find myself sleeping a lot during the day. The family is getting spoiled having mom and dad here to wait on us! I enjoyed reading the blessings that you are thankful for, it reminds me that even during the trials that we face we are continually blessed! We have so much to be thankful for!
    Enjoy,
    Jolene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, Costa Rica sounds way fun and way warm right now. Hope you have fun and I love your blog background!
    -Marie :)

    ReplyDelete