Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Back Home

I got home from Costa Rica last Friday. I got home late because my non-stop flight had to stop in Matzatlan for gas. US Air gave us some excuse about the wind, but I think they just wanted to pay cheaper gas prices. LOL. I got home just in time to pick Heather up from school. I really love my family and really miss them when I am gone. When I hugged her, it felt like she grew an inch. Well as it turns out, she has! She has grown one inch in four weeks (last time we measured her).

My trip to Costa Rica was great. It was SO busy, but I feel like I learned a lot and got a lot done. I work with some really great people . . . who are also a lot of fun. I was able to eat at some really great international restaurants: Peruvian (twice), Argentinian, Cuban, Italian (twice), and Spanish. After two weeks, though, eating out loses its appeal. By the end of the two weeks, I was wishing for normal food. I’m sad to say that my Spanish is still pretty bad. I do try to practice when I’m down in Costa Rica, and I get corrected a LOT. I am scheduled to go back in April for another two weeks and am excited about that. I really enjoy my friends in Costa Rica. Here's the beautiful view out the conference room window.


Over the weekend I was there, I decided to just stay at the hotel to relax. I didn’t have any sunscreen, so I went to buy some and it was almost $20 for a small bottle! I took a pass and decided to just use my good common sense. I thought I would lay out for 40 minutes (20 on each side) and then cover up and sit in the shade because the sun is SO intense there. Well, even in that small period of time, I got SO fried! I’m still peeling. It was also terribly windy, so I’m sure part of it was a wind burn. I was pretty miserable the second week I was there. So much for common sense! Next time, I won’t be so cheap and I’ll pay the darn $20.

For Valentine's Day, I made up a couple of goody bags for Tony and Heather. I got a funny Valentine's card for Tony to go in his bag. He liked it so much, he gave it back to me later in the afternoon! LOL Yes, he is cheap, but he put some money in it which made it okay. We all went out to dinner and spent the evening together. We watched Lilo and Stitch. It was a good day spent with the people I love the most. I can't think of a better way to spend Valentine's Day.

Since it was President's Day on Monday, Heather spent Sunday night at Grandma Hair's house. I took her over late because she had a Fireside. At first she was mad she had to go to the Fireside because it cut into her fun, but after it was over, she was glad she went. Cait went over on Monday and they had a fun day playing games. They also went to the used bookstore and Grandma let them pick out some books. Heather picked out a Fudge book and a Nancy Drew book.

Heather gave the FHE lesson tonight on "Letting Your Light So Shine." She picked the lesson herself and I LOVED the topic. My favorite scripture is Matthew 5:16. "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." She did a really good job and I think she should give them all from now on. Our Ward Conference is this Sunday, and Heather has to give a talk in YW about Family Home Evening. After her lesson, as a treat, we went to Burger King and got oreo milkshakes with "big" straws. They were yummy!

Let your light so shine!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog!!! Glad to hear that you are happy to be home! When will you be returning to CR? I may be coming down to AZ in April....

    ReplyDelete