Monday, January 19, 2009

Life is busy and January is flying

We are all busy with work and school with a few extra activities thrown in. I had my annual physical last week to verify that I am healthy. So far, so good (except I've gained a few pounds since last year). Heather had piano lessons and worked on personal progress at YW. The piano tuner came and tuned the piano. I need him to come back and fix one key (its in tune, but sounds different than the other keys). I had the opportunity to help with a Relief Society class on how to bottle meat and butter. I cooked up some samples using my food storage and they were yummy! Really . . . they were. We went to the gym a few times this past week. We saw Mall Cop on Saturday (2 out of 5 stars on the Jana scale) and ate dinner at Someburros. On Sunday, I was the substitute pianist in Primary and loved it. It was fun watching the Cardinals win. Now they are headed to the Superbowl. Heather and Caitlyn spent Sunday night with Grandma & Grandpa Hair and stayed up too late. We had a nice visit with Tony's mom and dad Sunday night. Heather had MLK day off from school and went with Grandma Hair and Alicia to get a Valentine pedicure. Tomorrow we will have a new President of the United States, Barrack Obama. I am optimistic and hopeful. Over the weekend, I finished the book, "These Is My Words" by Nancy Turner and enjoyed it very much. I've started a new book, "The Charlemagne Pursuit" by Steve Berry. I really enjoy his books (action/adventure). We've enjoyed warmer than normal weather this past week. Life is good. Enjoying the journey.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book tip. I love to hear about good books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life seems to always be busy....good job and taking the time to go and see the Dr.....how long has it been since Tony has had a visit? I can't remember the last time that Ron visited a Dr. Men!

    ReplyDelete