Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Jackson Hole Memories

After Jolene's funeral, Heather was able to stay with Grandpa and Grandma Heywood at the Davidsons until it was time to go to Jackson Hole. During that week, Heather had a great time. Some of the fun included a High School Musical movie marathon, going to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple openhouse, going to the church history museum, going to the play Beauty & the Beast with Savanna, and going with Ron to see Marie play in a lacrosse tournament in Park City (and freezing to death). The Davidsons were SO nice to let Heather stay that week. Thank you!!

On June 21, Grandpa and Grandma Heywood took Heather, Sarah, and Kela to Jackson. They had a loaded car. Heather had a great week with Grandpa and Grandma and her cousins. They played at the park, swam at the pool, played cards and watched movies. I think Heather is thrilled she is an only child. Hopefully, she was a big help to Grandma with the kids.

On June 27, I flew to Salt Lake. I rented a car, met Larry and Riley and we finished the trip by driving to Jackson. Tony did not go this year as it is his "off" year. I was VERY happy to let Larry drive for 4.5 hours.

I love the first moments when I walk into the condo. It is like an old friend. I am always so happy to be there. This year, the Heywoods celebrated 30 years going to Jackson. Because everything is a tradition to Heather at Jackson, we did all the same things. We went to the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. In case you want to know, nothing new has been added and nothing has changed. We had a great Family Home Evening (great lesson, Savanna). We also went to watch everyone repel. I helped belay, but didn't go down (I was having a problem with vertigo that day -- weird). No way was Heather going down . . . too much hiking. ;-) So Heather attempted to read her book and swatted the bugs who were determined to eat her head. We ate at Mointain High Pizza Pie at least three times. We went to Bubba's twice.
We did a family hike and picnic at the Rockefeller Preserve. I love that hike. It was so much fun being with everyone. Heather, Taylor, Jeremy, and Chris almost drove me crazy singing, "Every fox has its hole . . ."
Heather and some of the cousins did an old-time photo. We had a great time watching Katie and Aaron take their very first old-time photo. BTW, Katie is getting married November 13.
We went swimming at the pool, shopping for fudge at the candy store, and shopping for t-shirts. We went to the Jackson Hole Playhouse and saw Grease. We had a GREAT ride down the Snake River. Lunch Counter was awesome this year.
Heather, Taylor, and Maddie had a great time making their Jonas Brothers posters. And finally, we attended the 4th of July parade. The highlight is seeing how much corn we can catch . . . and candy.
After the parade, Heather, Taylor, and I hopped in the car and drove back to Salt Lake. Savanna and Marie took Heather, Taylor and Maddie to see the Jonas Brothers concert at the Stadium of Fire in Provo. They had a GREAT time. I loved getting the texts and videos from Heather. Thank you, Savanna and Marie! You are the greatest cousins for doing this so I didn't have to!
We loved, loved, loved our Jackson Hole vacation. We are looking forward to Jackson Hole next year. Tony is planning on going! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment