Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Weekend in Salt Lake

Heather and I spent last weekend in Salt Lake. We flew up on Friday and were able to see Marie play in her last lacrosse game and Savanna coach. It was cold and rainy, but we loved it. We don't see a lot of rain in Arizona, so it was wonderful. We went back to Ron and Jolene's house and had Cafe Rio for dinner. Yum! We had a nice visit with everyone Friday evening. Heather and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott . . . love those Marriott points from all my travel!

Saturday, it was still cold and rainy. Heather and I ran over to the mall and bought her some new dress shoes and Vans. We were so happy that we could attend Sara's baptism. She looked like a princess in her white dress. Savanna and Marie gave such nice talks on baptism and the Holy Ghost. We loved hearing Kela sing. It was nice being with family and sharing such a wonderful occasion with everyone. Afterwards, we went back to the Davidson's house to visit. It was so much fun visiting with the Davidsons, Evans/Sylvia, Tim/Shana, and Jill/Craig. The kids had a great time playing. Heather taught the kids the "hoe down throw down." We had Cafe Rio again for dinner! Yum! Too bad the closed the Cafe Rio that was by us. :-(

On Sunday, we were able to visit Temple Square for a short time. Heather loves to go to the visitor's center. The tulips and other flowers were SO beautiful! I wish I had not forgotten my camera.

Heather is at a joint YM/YW activity right now . . . she is bike riding down at Tempe Town Lake. It is a little warm, but I'm sure it will be fun. She is getting anxious for school to end. Only 17 more days. She is going to have a busy and fun summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment