Monday, May 11, 2009

Reflection on Mother's Day

What a busy and fun weekend! I wish I felt 100% so that I could have felt the full effects of the fun. I am suffering from yet another cold or allergy issue. Hopefully, the hot temperatures will kill all pollen, bugs, germs, etc., and I will finally get well. I'm not one to take to my sick bed and so I just kept plugging away.

Tony thinks that we had better get a little color on our skin to prepare us for Hawaii. So we went to the LifeTime pool Saturday morning. He is so thoughtful! As I willed the sun to dry up my sinus passages, Tony and Heather played catch. I love to watch them play. It makes me smile to watch them. They can entertain themselves for a VERY LONG time playing catch. They make up all sorts of games like, "Hit the Moving Dad" and "Red Mark on the Face" . . . you know, fun games like that. Hopefully, Tony's plan works and our lily white skin has enough color that we don't fry in Hawaii. We leave in 24 days. Yes, 24 days!

Heather and I went to the mall to return stuff and buy stuff. She loves her bright pink Converse tennis shoes. I love her bright pink Converse tennis shoes. I may steal them. We went to the See's Candy Store and bought candy . . . some for gifts and some for us. Heather and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the milk chocolate Bourdeaux. We also love any free candy samples they are handing out.

We went to my mom and dad's house in the afternoon for a Mother's Day barbecue. It was fun visiting with everyone. Heather had great time swimming with Caitlyn and Tyler. I had a great time visiting with Tony, mom, dad, Alicia, Brad, and Leah while the kids swam. I've got a really nice family. I've got a great mother. She is one of my very best friends and I love her a lot.

Later that evening, Tony took me to see the new Star Trek movie. I was sad because he didn't want to dress up. He can do the Spock eyebrow thing so well! I would have looked great in pointy ears, a mini-dress and go-go boots. It was a really good movie and I'm buying it when it comes out.

We had a really nice church with really good speakers on mothers. Shelly Jackson gave a very nice talk and sweet tribute to her mother who has breast cancer. Claudia Gray have a nice talk on mothering Phil (since he had his stroke), her mother, and being a mother. Craig Brown gave a nice talk on his mother, but mainly how men should love and treasure the women in their lives. In Relief Society, Lynn Johnson gave an outstanding lesson on mothers. The young women joined us. At the beginning, she gave each of the YW a problem. Each YW had to say how they would solve the problem. Heather's situation: Your teenage boy drops a duffle bag out his bedroom window. You look inside and find firewords, toilet paper and a lighter. What do you do? Heather's answer was to take it and run. It was a lot of fun to hear how they would solve their "children's" problems. The Bishop gave the women and girls See's chocolate bars. The RS gave us a great new book filled with church art.

Sunday afternoon, we went to Tim/Shana's to celebrate Mother's Day and Jeremy's 9th birthday. Shana made the best pork and rice . . . it reminded me of Cafe Rio. I must get those recipes. It was fun visiting with everyone. I've got such a great mother-in-law. She has such a big heart and is such a good example to me. She is a lot of fun to be with.

Well, it will be a busy week of work meetings for me this week. We are going to have our very first worldwide executive staff meeting via our new video conferencing system. Last week and today, I have been working with our IT guys and the vendor to make sure everything is working. Hopefully, there won't be any issues.

I am so happy to be a mom. I waited 10 years to be a mom. I never thought it would happen to me, but then I received the best gift imaginable . . . a little girl given to me with unselfish with love. That is pure mother love.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an incredible Mother's Day! I just have to tell you that you are a great mother and an awesome aunt! Thanks for all you do for us Jana!

    ReplyDelete