Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Happy 2B Home Again!

Last week, I was in Costa Rica again on business. It was a busy week with meetings. I love going to Costa Rica and am always happy to go. I flew home last Friday and my flight to Phoenix was delayed in Houston because of the weather. I didn't get home until Saturday at 2:00 AM! I got up at 5:00 AM to go back to the airport to fly to Salt Lake.

Tony, Tony's brother, Larry, and I flew up to Salt Lake for the day to visit with Tony's sister, Jolene, and other family members. It was a good day. We had a lot of laughs and a few tears. Jolene has cancer and is fighting a brave battle. What a great example she is to me of courage and grace. She is such a good sister and friend to me.

I just finished a very good book called the Book Thief. It is about a young German girl during WWII. I highly recommend it. I am now reading Fablehaven and am enjoying it.

I came home early from work today . . . I have a terrible cold! I either caught it from the girl I sat next to who coughed on me on my flight from Houston to Phoenix, the changes in weather, or everything that is blooming around here. Who knows? In February, I was bragging that I hadn't gotten sick in over two years (since I got my tonsils out), and then in March and April I got the flu, and two colds. I need to quit bragging.

We had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. Poor things . . . they were on bikes. It was over 100 degrees today! Tomorrow for YW, Heather is going to work at the Bishop's Storehouse. It should be a good experience for her. This Sunday she is playing the piano in Sacrament Meeting. She is playing a beautiful arrangement of Come, Come Ye Saints.

My niece, Sara, turned 8 today (Jill's oldest daughter). It is hard to believe that she is 8 already! Time sure flies. I still am having a hard time believing Heather is 13! Heather brought home her mid-term grades yesterday and is getting straight As. I'm a very proud mom.

The last few weeks, I've been thinking a lot about two powerful talks that were given by our church leaders at last October's conference. Both have stuck with me since October. They both have brought me such comfort during this time in my life. Click on the links below to read these very inspirational messages. Hopefully, you will find them as great as I did.

Finding Joy in the Journey. This talk was given by our church's president, Thomas S. Monson. It was pretty interesting that Tim (Tony's brother) e-mailed it to our Heywood family yesterday. This talk made an impact on him too.

Come What May, And Love It. This was the last talk given by Joseph B. Wirthlin. He died soon after.

No comments:

Post a Comment