Spring break started out great on March 9. We really didn't have any plans and just enjoyed the first few days doing a lot of nothing. We went to the mall and bought Heather some new clothes since she has grown a foot in a month. I took Heather and Cait to the Science Center on Wednesday, but I wasn't feeling so great and stayed in the cafe. I made them check in regularly, but I started feeling worse and worse! I was so happy when they decided they had enough. When I got home, I went to bed. I basically spent the next four days in bed with the flu. I don't think I have been that sick in a LONG time. I went to work on Monday, but left a little early to take an afternoon nap . . . no energy! By Tuesday, I was feeling more energetic. But I didn't have time to be sick and tired. On Wednesday, March 18, I did the BIG shop for our quarterly enrichment activity for our women's group at church. I had planned an activity where we were going to put together emergency 72-hour food kits. I thought everthing would fit in one Costco shopping cart. Boy, did I estimate wrong. It was piled so high I could hardly push the cart . . . or see where I was going. I bought stuff for 40 72-hour kits! The activity was titled, "Mission Possible: 72 hour kits and other food storage ideas." On Thursday, we had a food storage dinner that was REALLY good! We also put together our 72-hour kits. I think it turned out well. On Friday, I accompanied Heather's 7th grade class on a field trip to Castles & Coasters. It was a great day to be outside . . . warm and cloudy. The kids had a blast. When Tony got home Friday afternoon, we went to Costco to pick up his new hearing aid. He is still trying to get used to it, but hopefully it will help him hear better. I keep whispering to him to see if he can hear me. I think he is getting a little annoyed with my "tests." ;-) On Saturday, we went to brunch at Crackers and then to see the play, "Seussical" put on by the Valley Youth Theater. It was a lot of fun. Then, later in the afternoon, we met up with all the Heywood's for a picnic at the park. It was fun to see Jill, Craig and the girls . . . and the rest of the Arizona Heywoods . . . and the Heywood dogs. Today we had a nice day at church. I finished putting together our 72-hour kits and my mom's 72-hour kits, then we went to her house to deliver them and eat a yummy barbeque pork dinner. It was a really full weekend spent visting with family. I loved it! Heather keeps reminding me that there is 15 days until her birthday. She is excited to finally be a teenager. She will turn 13! Freaky!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYour life is so busy...sorry to hear that you weren't feeling well during your Spring Break! Isn't that the worse taking time off for fun and then getting sick. Glad to hear that Tony will be able to hear better. I'm sure that is is frustrating to not be in on the conversation. The girls are thrilled for Stadium of Fire...it should be a fun experience! Thanks for taking the time to obtain those "hot" tickets!!!!
ReplyDelete