Sunday, March 8, 2009

Church, Turkey, and Vacation

Today we went to hear Parker, my nephew, speak in church. He leaves on a mission to Billings, Montana for two years this coming week. He did a great job. It is hard to believe that he is at this stage in life. Time passes quickly. Just yesterday he was falling asleep at the table eating hot dogs at Lake Powell. He shared his testimony and it was powerful. I was glad that our family could be there to hear it. Then, we went and attended our own church meetings. I subbed for Heather's Sunday School class and gave a lesson on faith. There are so many great examples of faith in the Bible. Noah is my favorite: build an ark in the desert? Yeah, it took faith. It was a full day of church. When I got home, I cooked a turkey and it was yummy!

On Friday, I was able to purchase concert tickets for Heather, Savanna, Marie, Taylor, and Maddie for the Jonas Brothers at the Stadium of Fire in Provo for the 4th of July. These girls are going to have a blast. We will drive down from Jackson Hole a day early so they can have this once in a lifetime experience. I think Nick is cute, but the other two look like elves. Savanna gets "brownie" points for volunteering to take the girls.

This week is Heather's spring break. I have taken the week off to spend it with her. We have big plans to do some spring cleaning with a few fun things sprinkled in. Wish Tony had the week off too.

No comments:

Post a Comment