Life has been busy with the normal activities with a few extra fun times sprinkled in. On November 6, Heather was able to provide service hours at the Pueblo Carnival. I'm not sure she had too much fun, but she got the hours and that's what counts. While she was doing that, I was able to go to the temple to watch my niece, Katie, receive her endowments. It was really nice to attend with most of my Heywood family. Shana and I almost busted up laughing at one point (hairdo), but we were able to contain ourselves . . . barely.
My good friend, Debbie, had a birthday on November 11 and we celebrated by taking her to lunch at the White Chocolate Grill. It was yummy! I was so glad we were able to convince her that her birthday cake should be the bread pudding. It is divine there. In fact, I think I will order it for my meal next time. :-) Thanks, Debbie, for having a birthday! You will have MANY more to come. I'm glad you are my friend.
On November 12, the wedding festivities began for Katie and Aaron's wedding. Aaron's aunt hosted a family dinner for the Garcias and the Heywoods. They sure put on a nice spread. It was nice to meet Aaron's family. On Friday the 13th, Katie and Aaron were married. It was fun taking pictures with everyone and visiting. For the wedding luncheon, we went to Tia Rosa's. The reception was at a family friend's home and it was beautiful. Instead of a traditional cake, there were diffenent flavors of cupcakes. The chocolate cake/chocolate frosting was my favorite (and I tried all flavors to make sure). There was a light supper of salads and rolls (the rolls and honey butter were heaven).
It was fun so much fun visiting with family members we hadn't seen in a long time and old friends. It was fun to visit with George Felix and catch up. The kids and adults had a blast dancing. My nephew, Jared, did a great job as the DJ. Everyone was thoroughly entertained when the Heywood men took to the dance floor. I am so glad Tim/Shana got that on video. We will be able to enjoy that spectacle for years to come.
Savanna and Marie spent the night at our house. On Saturday, we had a lazy day spent visiting and watching "The Proposal" and part of "Grease." That evening, Tony and I invited all the Heywoods over for pizza. Tim and Shana brought the wedding video over and we laughed our heads off watching the Heywood Men Dancing Moments.
Enjoying the journey . . .
Test
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment