Thursday, September 17 was my big quarterly activity for my women's group at church. I organized a "Seriously Simple Craft" night. We made framed magnet boards, silver-leafed quotes in frames, honey pots, clear pebble magnets, and no-sew canvas bags. Everything turned out great. The crafts were super easy to make and really cute (especially the bags). We had a great turn out and had fun visiting. We snacked on a seriously simple dessert of cookies and milk. Now it is time to start planning the next one . . . well, maybe next week.
Taylor and Heather
After breakfast, the girls went hiking and played a few games (like egg golf). I think Maddie won the mummy wrapping contest.
Maddie Heywood: The Mummy
They also had fun swimming in Oak Creek.
The Girls: Carrie, Heather, Cambria, Jessie, Allie, Maddie, Annie, Taylor, Dana
Heather ran into a branch and gave herself a scar on her forhead. She is very proud of her "Harry Potter" scar.
We broke camp at lunch time and went to Wildflower for lunch. While we were there, we saw the nerdy kid, Neville, from the Nickelodeon show i-Carly. All the young girls in the restaurant were squealing except for Heather, Dana, and Taylor because they didn't figure out who he was until he walked out of the restaurant. So no pictures, but they were excited to have seen somebody famous. And then because Coldstone Creamery was next door, we had to get some ice cream. We headed home after that. Dana slept most of the way. Heather and Taylor talked Harry Potter the whole way.
On Sunday, I decided to spend the day recovering because I was so tired, but it is Wednesday and I am STILL pooped! I hope to recover soon, because it is Girl's Night Out tomorrow night! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment