Sunday, April 10, 2011

Heather's 15th Birthday

For Heather's 15th birthday, she wanted to have a sleepover with her cousins.  She loves her Heywood cousins like sisters.  She invited Taylor, Dana, and Maddie to go to see the movie, Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2 and then sleep over.  Everyone but Dana came over for pizza before the movie.  Dana had cheer tryouts and met us at the movie theatre (we went to a late movie).  The girls loved the movie (it was pretty cute).  Heather now has a crush on the guy that played Rodrick.  When we got home, we ate cake and opened birthday presents.  I had given her the movie, Tangled, for an early birthday present, so the girls decided to watch it.  Around 2:30 a.m., I had to get up to tell them to GO TO SLEEP!  haha   I made them pancakes and sausage for breakfast.

L to R:  Dana, Maddie, Taylor, and Heather.

I love General Conference weekend.  I love the inspirational messages from our church leaders.  I love to stay home and watch conference on T.V. in my pajamas.  :-)  During sunday's coference, Heather and I cut out t-shirt squares for a t-shirt quilt she is making.  Hopefully, we will finish that project.  It is going to be a big project.  haha  Heather and I went to eat Sunday dinner at Tony's mom and dad's house.  It was a lot of fun listening to what eveyone got out of conference.

On her birthday, April 6, we went to YC's Mongolian Grill for a QUICK dinner because Heather had her Wednesday YW meeting.  Heather loves to eat at YC's.  It was a pretty cloudy afternoon.  Tony had ridden his motorcycle to meet us there after work.  Half way during dinner, he looked out and said he needed to leave because he thought it was going to rain.  I told him the same thing he always tells me when I say that, "It isn't going to rain.  It never rains here."  I thought he was making an excuse to leave early (he does that a lot).  So he stayed.  After dinner we parted ways since we had driven separately.  Tony was in a hurry because the clouds did look pretty black.  Well, on the way home, about a mile from our house, we drove into a thick dust storm.  Then about a 1/2 mile from our house, it started POURING!  When we hit the dust storm, I looked at Heather and said, "Ooooo, Dad's going to be so MAAAADDDD at me!"  Well, he was a little mad . . . and very wet.  Next time, I'll just let him leave.  heehee

I bought Heather's favorite chocolate filled cake from Costco and we sang her happy birthday and opened presents.  She received a few books and DVDs, money, a t-shirt, gift cards to Forever 21, and a few other things.
Heather modeling her new Jimmy Fallon t-shirt (she loves Jimmy Fallon)

I loved Heather the moment I knew she existed. I never imagined that she would be one of the greatest influences in my life. My own daughter, still very much learning and growing, makes me want to be a better person. She has a lively personality and a clever sense of humor. She believes that life is not worth living unless there is fun and laughter. I can't believe how blessed I am to have her in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment