On Valentine's Day, I flew to the Philippines. My flight out of Honolulu was delayed, so I missed my flight in Manila to Cebu. I ended up staying the night in Manila. I made it to Cebu on Tuesday and started off my workweek by going to the Marco Polo Hotel for lunch with the Admin/HR/Finance staff. It was a beautiful hotel up on the mountain that had spectacular views. The buffet lunch was excellent. Visiting with my friends and catching up was so much fun. The rest of the week went fast attending meetings and working on projects. I was also able to take a couple of late lunches this week to do some shopping.
This morning, I was able to go to a service project that our Trax office organized. We went to the Cebu Children's Foundation -- an orphanage. We sang songs, played games, and did a craft with the children. The Trax staff did such an awesome job with everything. Afterwards, we went to eat at Joe's Chicken.
We also went to a GK Philippines site to view a housing project that builds communities to end poverty. The core strategy of GK is to build beautiful, healthy and productive communities where the poorest of the poor will live in dignity and can begin building a better future for themselves and their children. To view more information, go to: http://www.gk1world.com/
Since that was such hard work, I went and had a 1.5 hour massage for $10. :-)
The family seems to be doing well at home without me. It is so nice that I can travel on business and not ever have to worry.
Test
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment